I don’t know who, but someone forgot to tell me that summers while you are working at a real job as an adult are nothing like summers when you were a kid!
I somehow thought that the summer was going to be slower, carefree, easy going blah blah blah.
Well it has not been… except this week!
This week, we are on vacation with Jay’s family on Folly Beach, SC. Enjoying the sun, the sand, the drinks, easy dinners, morning runs on the beach. I am hitting the pause button for a week.
I might still be cooking but all leisurely, throwing things together like this baby arugula salad to go with our barbeque dinner.
I am keeping my feet in water and myself right under the sun. Oh, and let’s not forget the beer in hand :)
Baby Arugula Salad
- 6 – 8 cups of baby arugula
- A handful of heirloom grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of pomegranate molasses (its sweet-sour flavor balances arugula’s bitter taste. If you don’t have this molasses, you can substitute with white wine vinegar and honey mixture)
- Salt to taste
1. Combine the garlic, olive oil and pomagranate molasses and whisk in a bowl.
2. Coat arugula and tomatoes with the dressing. Add salt to taste.